Putting a value on different bands is an essential skill for everyone with a professional interest in the spectrum world.
Whether you work for a regulator, government agency or an operator, you are likely to be involved in valuing the spectrum in some form. It is an essential part of these common activities:
- Setting reserve prices for an auction
- Corporate strategic planning for an auction or acquisition
- Negotiating licence renewal
- Setting annual spectrum fees
- Dealing with administered incentive pricing (AIP)
This two day spectrum valuation training course will explain the commonly-used valuation techniques, covering:
- Business modelling
- Technical valuation
- Opportunity cost techniques
- Company value technique
Working through real-world examples we will show how these are used in practice and how they can be used together in a “triangulated” approach.
Who should attend?
This course will suit a wide range of people: from those without a financial background seeking to understand the principles involved to those with financial experience who are new to the spectrum world. Likely job titles include:
- Spectrum managers
- Finance, regulatory and policy executives
The course features a flexible combination of lectures; exercises using real-world data and examples; feedback and review sessions; as well as ‘question and answer' sessions. Class size is limited to 25.